The Louis Sullivan Building of Newark has graced the Courthouse Square for over a century at One North Third Street. It was built in 1914 and opened its doors on August 25, 1915 as the Home Building Association Bank, commonly known as “The Old Home”. One of only eight banks designed by noted American architect Louis Sullivan, it is both a national treasure and a treasured piece of Central Ohio’s heritage. Through the years, the Sullivan Building was also home to a butcher shop, a jewelry store and eventually an ice cream parlor. With each new tenant the interior was altered, but the building’s historic and architectural significance never changed. In 1973, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. In 2013, the building was generously gifted to the Licking County Foundation by Newark native, Stephen Jones. Since then, the Licking County Foundation and a team of community volunteers known as Team Sullivan have been working to develop a plan for the Louis Sullivan Building of Newark’s restoration and reuse. The vision is to create a valuable space that is financially self-sustaining and open for the public to enjoy, celebrate and study.