Cornell School is a classic example of how public education functioned in Rural America in the late 20th century. This one-room schoolhouse was built in 1886 and served students until 1923. The structure was donated to the Friends of Cornell School by Tom and Gloria Miller of Alexandria, Ohio. It was moved from their property to its present location in May of 1991. Cornell School has been operating as a living history program for area schools since 1996.